Scholarships in Geology and Marine and Coastal Science (GeMS)
The UC Davis Earth and Planetary Sciences department has funds from the National Science Foundation (S-STEM Program) for undergraduate scholarships of up to $8,000, potentially renewable for multiple years.
Maximum Scholarship Amounts: (based on year in school)
- Sophomore as of Fall, 2019 up to $6,000
- Junior as of Fall, 2019 up to $7,000
- Senior as of Fall, 2019 up to $8,000
Deadline: Wednesday, April 10, 2019
- One short essay is required (maximum 2000 characters);
- Potential transfer students (not currently enrolled at UC Davis) must mail an unofficial copy of their transcript. Unofficial transcripts must be received before the application deadline.
GeMS Scholarship Committee
Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, UC Davis
462 Crocker Lane, Room 2119
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616-5270
Junior College and Community College students planning to apply for admission to UC Davis in Fall of 2019 (as Geology or Marine and Coastal Science majors in the College of Letters & Science) are encouraged to apply.
All awards are capped at the student’s individual Financial Aid eligibility and may be limited by the availability of funding.
Questions about GeMS Scholarships may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UC Davis Earth and Planetary Sciences GeMS committee will evaluate applications before forwarding to Financial Aid.
- The Financial Aid Office will determine your financial eligibility. Only students who have completed a FAFSA application and are eligible for support may receive scholarship funding from this program.
- Scholarship announcements will begin in May of 2019.
- Scholarship recipients not currently enrolled at UC Davis will receive conditional notification of awards, with scholarships contingent on application, admission, and enrollment at UC Davis.
- Scholarships will be awarded in October of 2019, with the following exception:
- Students enrolling in the UC Davis Summer Field Course during the summer of 2019 may request to receive their scholarship funding in June of 2019.
National Science Foundation and UC Davis Earth and Planetary Sciences in partnership with: American River College, Yuba College, San Joaquin Delta College, Solano Community College, Woodland Community College, Napa Valley College, Diablo Valley College, and Sacramento City College