How to Apply
Online application for Graduate Admission to UC Davis.
Please direct any questions regarding admission to the Geology Graduate Program to the Graduate Program Coordinator at 530-752-9100 or email@example.com
Earth and Planetary Sciences recruitment weekend is February 20-23, 2020.
Emails will be sent to invited students in mid- to late-January 2020.
All those invited to visit are expected to attend, with support from the program.
How to apply to the Geology Graduate Program at UC Davis
Our people pages contain brief descriptions of the research interests of our faculty and scientists. You can also read about the primary research groups in the department. Only members of the Geology Graduate Program can be thesis advisors for graduate students. We encourage you to e-mail, write directly, or call individuals who may be working on research problems in which you are particularly interested, to discuss with them your plans for graduate research in our program. We encourage applicants to identify potential faculty mentors prior to completing their application.
Complete and submit the online application.
- The application portal opens in mid-September
- All application materials must be received by UC Davis by January 5
- We recommend that you follow up on all application materials to make sure they have been sent and received.
The Earth and Planetary Sciences Department application deadline for admission for the 2019-2020 academic year:
- Priority Deadline: December 15
- General Deadline: January 5
- Space Available Deadline: May 1
The Priority Deadline is the date by which all materials should be submitted for full consideration in our review process. We typically fill all available positions from the pool of applications submitted by this deadline. All materials received by the General Deadline will be reviewed by the Geology Graduate Program. The Space Available Deadline is provided for cases in which an opening becomes available after our normal review process is complete. Potential applicants who miss the General Deadline should contact prospective faculty advisors to determine if the faculty members are still looking for new students, before submitting an application.
A complete application consists of the following:
- Statement of Purpose
- Personal History and Diversity Statement
- List of Faculty Mentors
- Three letters of recommendation (to be submitted electronically by the recommenders; instructions are in the online application)
- GRE scores (no subject test required)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (International applicants)
- Unofficial transcripts from previous institutions attended
- Application fee of $120 (U.S.) or $140 (international).
The Internal Fellowship Application must be completed as part of the online application. In the online application, when asked if you will be applying for fellowships, please answer “yes”. Internal fellowships are due December 15th, 2019
Please direct any questions to the Graduate Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org